Monday, August 11, 2008

New This Week!

Worked late tonight, got lots done. Yay me! The most exciting thing going on right now is getting my kids ready to start school. Two going into high school, one in elementary. What have I learned from this? I learned that while there are less required supplies for high schoolers, what they do need is way more expensive! That and trying to prepare my oldest to start applying to colleges himself. I'm afraid that this process might be overwhelming for both of us. I'm concerned that he is not sufficiently motivated to get his grades up enough and to take the steps necessary to get into a 4 year school. It's looking like it will be community college, which is not a bad thing. I got my AA from a community college and it was a good experience. Of course, I was 30 when I got it, so that's a little different than what I have in mind for my son. Well, we'll see how it goes I suppose.

One more week until our own classes start, I have all my books, my keyboard is in fighting shape and my tuition is up to date! Let's roll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the issue of raising high schoolers and beyond. It doesn't get any easier, but it sure does get more expensive. Even buying Christmase gifts is getting more and more expensive due in part to technology (i.e. cell phones, mp3 players, cars, clothes, game consoles, etc.). Oh, and let's not even talk about tuition.....lovely, lovely tuition that seems to rise every couple of years. Yea, fun-fun-fun, lol! I'm ready to join you for a great semester!

ajenno said...

I'm so exited that you commented! I thought I was typing into the empty void!

Tuition is a nightmare. If I was taking more than one class at a time myself I wouldn't be able to handle it, so my goal is to graduate college before he graduates high school! I think I should just about make it!

Anonymous said...

LOL...no, I can read you loud and clear. :) Hang in there, you could do it. Keep that spirit and it'll all come together for you hopefully just as you've planned it. Be aware though, that life will occasionally through you some curve balls, but what I say is catch 'em and gracefully keep moving towards your goal. I promise you that your son will thank you for it and you'll feel so good about your accomplishments. We're in this together as students, so don't ever feel that you're alone in this process. I'm here if ya ever need to vent, rant, or need a cheerleader.