Friday, August 29, 2008

First week of class

Ok, I just finished posting my discussion board responses. Although I was briefly considering switching classes, I think I have changed my mind. It was pointed out to me that as most classes are full, I might not have a lot of luck anyway, so I think I'll just stick it out. I do actually like the material we are discussing. It is interesting stuff! I got to read Oscar Wilde's 'Salome', which I'd never read before. All of the characters in that play are pyschotic, so that was pretty cool. In the first 5 minutes you get the Young Syrian who kills himself out of nowhere when he hears Salome talking dirty to Jokanaan (John the Baptist) which was a fun way to start to the play. It's actually kind of funny. You have dialogue dialogue dialogue and then...."Young Syrian kills himself". And it just gets better from there. It's like an episode of..ummm...(insert over the top soap opera here, I don't watch any so I wouldn't know).

I just wish the class was a bit more organized. I'm a fairly linear person when it comes to work and I like my assignments and due dates spelled out clearly and in an orderly fashion. I guess I'm going to have be non-linear for this class. Think I'll try tetrahedron, that ought to do it!

I have to go, my son is asking for help with HIS homework, so I must close for now! 11th grade homework has got to be easier than mine! Good night blog!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tetrahedron, huh??? Wow, that's one on me, lol. I had to look that one up. It's been awhile since I learned about polygons, hexagons, and all those other 'gons'. You brought back some memories from Geometry class back in high school.

Good you're deciding to hang in there with that class. I actually thought about dropping my Chemicals & the Citizen classes because of the 'proctored' exams that we have to take (I've never taken them like that before), but decided against it for pretty much the same reason as you. I'm sure there are many great things that you could learn from your class, so hang in there. I think you'll feel better about sticking it out in the end. :)