Saturday, September 27, 2008

New computer!

I had to go out today and buy a new computer, mine just couldn't hack it anymore. I got it all working beautifully except for one thing, I can't figure out how to configure my Outlook to automatically download messages from the POP server. When I try to access the 'define send/receive groups' (under send/receive settings) I get an "operation failed' error. I can't figure out what's going on. I can manually select to download headers and full messages, but the automatic send/receive function doesn't work, so that's why I was trying to configure it to do this, but I keep getting stuck with the stupid 'operation failed' error. Any helpful ideas? Any Microsoft Outlook 2003 experts out there? I thought I was pretty much expert myself, but I am better with large networks apparently. When it comes to my own...hey, maybe that's it! I'm looking at this wrong. I'll be back....

Nope - still can't get it to work right. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to remember to manually retrieve my email all the time. I spent the day setting up my old computer in my son's room. I was able to get that one working much better too - now we are all connected and computing merrily. I got so happy I decided to clean up and rearrange my bedroom. It's amazing what buying a new computer can do for you! I got all motivated and started cleaning everything because I didn't want this new computer to get all clogged up with dust the way the old one was, my house hasn't been this clean since we moved in! Well, I have to go watch this movie on ancient Greece for my class. Yawn!

1 comment:

Andy Egizi, Program Coordinator said...

The Tech Help desk should be able to help you. They aren't limited to helping with BB questions.