Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Communication is a wonderful thing

Well, all is well with my class now. After a rocky start and a couple of fiery departures, I now have clarification on all previously unanswered questions and I am able to proceed full steam ahead! Now this class is becoming what I had hoped it would be, fun, interesting and enlightening. I love taking classes. Even if I had already received my degree I would still take classes. I think I need to have the challenge of learning something new in my life as a constant. I feel like if I stop learning I'll start to grow old, and that will just not do.

I am learning in other areas also. I learned that my 14 year old son is flirting and being flirted with a 16 year old girl! What is up with that!!! No no no!!! I am going to have to keep him on a much tighter leash I think. Is that even possible? Maybe I can just get him signed up for a bunch of sports or something so he won't have any time for such shenanigans. I'll just get him doing too many other things to think about girls. He is way too young for this! I am way too young for this! Oy vey!

Tune in next week for more Days of Anne's life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne! I'm so glad that your class is doing better. Now, you should be smooth sailing. :) Hopefully you'll learn plenty and can have fun doing so. As for your son, girrrllll this is just the beginning, lol. I think at this age he is just getting started with the girls and I hate to tell ya, but no amount of activities, extracurricular or academic could keep him away from the thought of attractive young ladies. However, there is a good side to this.....remember to keep the lines of communication open so that he can come and talk to you when he does start getting those 'feelings'. I think it will make a world of difference. Good luck with your teenager. The fun has just begun! :-)

ajenno said...

Thanks hon! I know nothing I do can stop what's happening, but I just can't shift that fast. Seems just yesterday he was holding my hand for dear life trying to learn to skate! Now he's dating older women, I can't handle that! I guess I'll have to just take some deep breaths and roll with the punches!