Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Made it!

So I have finished my class! I got through it kicking and screaming the whole way, but I made it! And I think I may even get a passing grade! I'm hoping for a B at least - but I am being held in suspense until grades are posted. I am so ready for a break! All of us who made it through one more semester, stand up and applaud for yourselves! Woo hoo!! This was, without a doubt, the toughest class I've taken in a very long time, and holy cow am I happy it's over!

Now, time to regroup, and get through the holidays and New Year. I usually tend to try to stick my head in the sand and hope it blows over without causing too much damage. I can't stand New Years Eve. You have a big build up and then ppffzzt. Let down. Or a huge fight. So in self-defense I have learned to expect nothing so I'm not disappointed. I haven't enjoyed a New Years Eve since I morphed into an adult. So if any of you are planning on being home alone on New Years, keep your computers warmed up, I may just decide to post a scintillating commentary on how I'm spending the final moments of 2008 - or I may just go to bed at 9 and forget the whole thing - stay tuned! Same time, same station! Blog - out!

3 comments:

Andy Egizi, Program Coordinator said...

I didn't take any classes and I'm giving myself a round of applause. I'll leave it to the world to determine if I did anything useful, but it's been a long, hard fall.

I agree with you about New Year's Eve. I've had a few good ones but for the most part, it's not worth it. I prefer to stay home. Remember 1999/2000? My wife was the director of our local Arts Council and was downtown coordinating First Night - I snored in the new millenium, happily in bed.

Dan B said...

I share your sense of relief. This semester's been a tough slog! I see the word verification for this comment is "boatize," I do believe that's a subtle message from the endzone to fly to St. Thomas for some therapeutic yachting. Now to stand outside Wal-Mart and solicit donations to fulfill my prophetic destiny.

ajenno said...

I remember Y2K, I used to be a network administrator and everyone was freaking out about a problem that didn't really exist. This year I expect nothing so dramatic - I just want to sleep for about a week straight until it's all over!

While I am looking forward to the next semester, I am still so burned out from this one just ended that I'm not sure how much use I'll be. I hope a few weeks respite from classwork will restore me. Work has been chaotic, my younger son got suspended from school for a week for fighting and my husband and I are working so much we never see each other. This time of year sure takes it's toll. Maybe I'll just go south next year!